Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A New Beginning

I've abandoned the big grey monster that is my second sweater for the time being in order to be able to knit ... another sweater. Sounds crazy. However, this big grey sweater is shaping up to be another one of those "ugly sweaters" that everyone makes in the beginning of their knitting career. I can feel it, it just looks wrong. And so, although I refuse to give up the project completely after 2 years of hard work and the fact that I am about 85% finished, I just can't bear to keep working on it right now. In order to keep my zest for knitting alive, I've started a new project that contrasts the old.

It's a shrug -- so much smaller. I'm using Sandnesgarn Alpakka DK wool, which is so soft and light and (finally) a good quality wool. It's bright purple and I get excited every time I look at it! On the four flights I had last week I managed to finish about 70% of the back, so the progress is promising. Also, its in stocking stitch so I can finally stop concentrating on lace and cable. Ahhh its relaxing.

The only challenge is to keep it from smelling like dog ...

No comments: