Friday, August 22, 2008

Will blocking save the day?

I realize that this blog is all about knitting lately. That is because I no longer travel due to the ridiculous amount of time and effort it is taking me to procure a new passport. Oh well, the next trip will be a good one!

Anyways, I finished the shrug, but unfortunately it doesn't fit nicely at all. I think the ribbing around the front is too tight some how, not sure how I could have done it differently, since I picked up every single stitch possible. But the front pieces are bunching, and it doesn't sit nicely. I am going to do some research on how to block a cardigan (I have a book!!) and see if I can fix it. Otherwise, it's another project gone bad. Out of 3 sweaters, so far 3 are bad.

Also starting knitting swatch for the cashmere gloves - I am going to start checking my gauge since I think it may have something to do with sweaters never fitting. The wool is so soft, I think these are going to be nice gloves.

I ordered some yarn from knit picks for Hey Teach. I'll check my gauge on this one before I do it because eventually I want a sweater that fits properly!!! I'm already planning on making Arnold with the leftover Knit Picks yarn as a gift for K's baby #2 ... But that won't be for a while, too many projects on the go now!

No comments: