Friday, January 02, 2009

2009 ... The year of the ______ ?

I don't like making "resolutions" per say, but it is always nice to start fresh in a new year.

This year, I have decided that it will be the year of knitting for myself. I started last year, but still ended up making lots of things for other people. This year, it's all about me. At least for a while ... :) Actually, K's new baby came early so I am now scrambling to make a cute little sweater for him. Luckily I started it in 2008 so it doesn't count towards the year of the me.

On non-knitting news, T is getting sick again which is always a sign that we have not been eating well for a long period of time. We haven't been eating poorly, but I guess it adds up. So this year will be the year of taking time to shop and cook properly. Just be healthy in general. Try to stay consistent with working out. Etc. I can't really say its a resolution as I say this every year but hopefully one year it will stick.

We have decided January will be a non-consuming month. Only necessities, no frivolous purchases. Not because we can't afford to but because we don't need to. Guess I can't get those puppy booties after all ... They'll have to wait until February!

I had a decent holiday this year. There were some ups and downs, but overall it was nice to be with family. It was too short though, and I have to say I am not looking forward to getting back to work. I still have too much to do!

For anyone who is actually reading this, hope you and yours have a fantastic 2009!!

No comments: