Friday, February 13, 2009

My Feet are Sore

Well, the bad news is that my flight out of Phoenix was delayed such that I miss my connection in Denver. The good news is that they re-booked me on a non-stop flight to Calgary that arrives at the exact same time. Nice. Only snag is that I am now at the airport 4 hours early. Oh well, love the free wifi.

So I did not get to knit at all on this trip. Finished half of my last Monkey on the plane ride in, but then I proceeded to work 10, 11, 12 and finally 15 hours days, leaving no time for anything fun, such as shopping, sightseeing or knitting. I did however, get to sleep, and also to eat. Sometimes. It was a productive week though, and I am glad I came, as I was able to take on a lot of responsibility, and show a lot of initiative. I really think I made a good impression. But who knows, right?

My feet are killing me. Even though I did not spend most of my time standing or walking, it really is painful to wear shoes all day. I'm used to taking them off after 9 hours or so - 15 hours makes them incredibly sore! So I am relaxing in the airport, drinking some tea, and surfing the internet with my shoes off to kill some time. Hence the reason why this post is pointless. I suppose many of mine are though ... I don't have a lot to say ...

The sun is going down. Phoenix is quite pretty actually.

No comments: