Thursday, April 30, 2009

destruction

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think I might take the plunge and do it. I completed a shrug a while ago using a beautifully soft alpaca yarn. However, I have never worn it because it sits a little funny. I think the edge ribbing is too tight, and have tried to block it looser but to no avail. I didn't want to have to redo it because once something is done, I have trouble starting it again (because its done! I want to be enjoying it!!) However, I keep looking at it, touching it, trying it on, and it has so much potential but looks so terrible right now. I think I have to finally do it.

I'm going to rip out the entire edging. The reason this is a pain is because the edging requires picking about about 300 stitches or so which is incredibly painstaking. But I have 1.5 extra balls of the alpaca left, and its so soft I really want to give the shrug another try. I'm going to try picking up more stitches around the neck and the bottom (where it curves) in hopes that it won't pucker and will lie flat.

Here's hoping. If it doesn't work after the second try I'm giving up. As my stack of unworn sweaters will tell you I am good at this ...

No comments: