Thursday, May 28, 2009

knotty puppy

Holy crap, I come downstairs this morning on my way to work and what do I see? My fountain pen shawl, in the middle of the floor, yarn wrapped around EVERY piece of furniture in the room and a guilty looking puppy. Oh my goodness, I don't think I've ever been that speechless!! I drew in a breath to scream but couldn't figure out what to do with that breath. Puppy is looking at me like "What? I'm just playing", and T stands back because he knows I'm going to blow ...

If he wasn't so small and fast I probably would have smacked him. Instead, I settled on yelling "BAD BAD BAD BAD" over and over again, partialy at the puppy and partially at the yarn in an attempt to let him know what I was yelling about. He behaved immaculately for the rest of the morning.

Luckily, the shawl was untouched. Big phew. If he had unravelled that shawl (I am on the 5th repeat out of about 10) I would have probably cried. Unluckily, he somehow managed to pick up or roll the ball of yarn around the entire room. Honestly, I don't know how he did it, it was would around table legs, the couch, and mysteriously, up over and wrapped around a horizontal bar on an end table. He did some figure 8s in there, some trackbacks, it was quite impressive actually. There is a big tangled mess in the middle of this unravelling, but I didn't inspect it too much because I couldn't deal with it right then. Hopefully the tangles are fixable, I really don't want to have to cut the yarn, joins are going to show in this shawl so I am hoping to minimize them.

Well, I suppose it really wasn't his fault. What puppy could resist a squishy ball of yarn? Or maybe its just more proof of his cat-like-ness. Regardless, I never should have left it within his reach ...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow!!! At first I was horrified, because I thought the shawl was unravelled. But phew! indeed. I'm glad it's ok ;) Bad puppy! Well hopefully he learned from this.