Sunday, May 10, 2009

a puppy sleeping on my lap

Some knitting updates...

It's always fun to receive a box full of yarn in the mail!!From this box, I've started the Fountain Pen Shawl from the Spring 2009 issue of Interweave Knits. The finished product is seen here:And this is where I am at, after two repeats of the body pattern:I feel as though this will be a long road, I love lace knitting but I am very slow at it. This one requires attention. But I think it will be very beautiful in the end.

I found some blocking mats (play mats, really) at Canadian Tire for $14.99. Much better price than buying real knitting mats! They even come in cool colours such as "Camo" and "Urban" ... I was not aware that pink was an urban colour but whatever ... I used the grey side for now because I haven't tested that the colours won't bleed.
And yes, on those blocking mats in a completely finished Coraline - finally! I have to admit it is a little small but I am hoping that maybe it will stretch out a little with wear. I love it and am very proud of it so I sure hope so!Finally, I re-knit the alpaca shrug ribbing, and it worked! I used size 7 needles for the bind off (4 sizes larger) and I was able to get a nice stretchy ribbing. I think it may actually get worn now, I hope so as the alpaca is soooo soft!
That's all for today! Must tend to sleepy puppy on my lap ...

1 comment:

Laura said...

:)

I can't believe you finished coraline AND your shrug - way to be a prolific knitter!

Coraline looks particularly lovely. I want to knit it now! jealous!

Also, I'm excited that you're on your way with the fountain pen shawl. I just made a boo-boo and need to drop down to mend it. eeks!