Monday, June 15, 2009

macbook and malabrigo!!!!

I am writing this post from my brand new macbook pro! I bit the bullet, gave my faithful ibook to my mom, and bought a new laptop! So exciting! It is sooooo pretty .... 

In knitting news, I just recently got back from TO, where I had the good fortune of finding a yarn store called Romni Wools. The whole time I was there, I kept saying "I want to move here!" It was so fabulous, I could have stayed there all day. But alas, I had to leave. Luckily, not before buying two beautiful skeins of malabrigo lace merino yarn! I have been wanting to try out this yarn for a while, after hearing so much about it, but I could never find it in town. So finally, I bought some, and I think I understand what all the fuss is about!! It is soooo soft, the whole day, I kept putting my hands into the bag to smoosh the yarn. So lovely. I am planning to use it to make the Whisper Cardigan from the Spring 09 issue of Interweave Knits. It is in the Butter colour, which is so springy and fun.

First, I am committing to finishing my fountain pen shawl though. I am on the 8th repeat, but at this point it is taking approximately 15 minutes for every row. So it is going to be a while before I finish. But I am making a concerted effort to only knit this and nothing else! Once it is done, I will start on the other three projects I've got going, and maybe start another one (or two!)

No comments: