Friday, June 19, 2009

On the border

So after a few quick measurements and some calculations, I decided to stop my fountain pen shawl after 8 repeats. I am not a very big person, so I think making it slightly smaller will make it more proportional for me. However, 1 skein of the lace yarn got me a few rows into the border so maybe I should have stopped at 7 repeats - could have done it in 1 skein! Oh well. I wound a new skein, tried for the first time to do a center pull ball. It worked, but doing it by hand took quite some time! Looks pretty good though, in my opinion!
Already thinking about what project to start next ... I'm not feeling motivated to work on the february lady sweater, its too warm and wooly. I think I will start the whisper cardigan, it's more of a summer project. I am also not motivated to work on my socks, but maybe I'll sneak in a few rows here and there. I guess I'll also need a lace design to keep me interested, but I'll worry about that when I get bored of the stocking stitch.

Finally, here is a picture of my dog lounging on the couch. He sleeps like people ... :)

No comments: