Sunday, July 05, 2009

fountain pen photos

To start, some pictures of my fountain pen shawl during blocking. You can see my funky "urban" blocking mats, they work quite well I have to say.Next, some photos of the finished product. I had great plans for some lovely pictures - we took the puppy to the river yesterday for a picnic in the sun. I brought the camera and the shawl for a perfect setting for a photo op. However, before the pictures could be taken, the sun disappeared, and the clouds broke open in thundershowers. We ran to our friends' car and ended up spending the rest of the indoors ... So these pictures will have to suffice. I absolutely love the shawl though. I love the way it looks, and I can see myself wearing it in all sorts of situations. I never thought I would be able to wear a shawl, but I think I thought wrong!

I have now started the whisper cardigan. However, the sleeves are so wonky, I'm experimenting with them. I started with casting on 76 stitches (down from the 90 in the pattern) and it is still not to my liking. I'm going to unravel and start again I think. Also, using #6 dpns, and getting terrible ladders. I tried using a 12 inch circular but it was too big for the small sleeve, so I'm kind of at a loss. I really don't want those ladders running up the sleeve. I may have to be creative here ...

Anyways, the malabrigo yarn is lovely. I think this will be a slow going sweater but its nice to knit with lace weight yarn in the summer. I cannot bear to pick up any worsted lately.

No comments: