Wednesday, August 26, 2009

summer socks

I finally finished a project! My stripey socks. This was my backup project, I used it while traveling, between other projects, when I needed a small project. But after 5 months I figured it was finally the time to bite the bullet and finish them up! I used Knit Picks Felici yarn, which is incredibly soft, and makes a nice lightweight sock.I used a basic toe up sock pattern, using short rows for both the toe and heel. I really like doing socks toe up - it worked well with the Felici, because I was able to use almost an entire ball for each sock, I just kept going until there was no more!

I've been in a bit of a knitting lull. I haven't touched my whisper cardigan in a while, it drove me so crazy that I didn't want to do it anymore, so I'm giving it a break. I started my FLS, and it's going well but fairly slowly so far. Soon, I'll have to start some mittens for T (my one non-me project this year) and then ... don't know yet. I bought a whole bunch of new yarn with no projects in mind (a first for me!) so I've got to think of something to do with it...

No comments: