Sunday, January 24, 2010

loco for coco

I broke down and made some cupcakes today ... pina colada cupcakes! Pineapple, coconut and rum cupcakes, with coconut icing, topped with toasted coconut. Mmm! The recipe is from Cupcakes Galore.I have been focusing on trying to finish the big gray monstrosity that is my cable sweater. I've actually made good progress; I re-knit the sleeves, sewed all the seams, and am now working on the collar. I'm about half done the collar. I was so excited to be so close, then I remembered I still have to make the belt. But that shouldn't take too long, so hopefully I'll be finished fairly soon.

I also used my swift for the first time today to wind some Diamond Luxury Alpaca lace yarn. Here is the finished product! Next on the shopping list - ball winder.I've been good though - have not bought anything this month yet, including yarn. I'm sticking to my no-consumption January again. Although I think this year I will try to not buy yarn for longer than just January, I have a lot of stash I need to start working through.

I plan on making the Triinu Scarf from Knitted Lace of Estonia with the alpaca. I really want to start it RIGHT NOW but I'm resisting the urge in order to focus on the sweater. Soon it will be finished ... Soon!

No comments: