Sunday, March 28, 2010

FO: whisper, ME: relieved

Finally, I finished! My lovely, terrible, beautiful, dreadful whisper cardigan. In the end, I love it.I really need to figure out how to take pictures of myself better than to just use a web cam. Oh well, this will do for now.

It is so light and airy, yet soft. Love the malabrigo lace and wearing it so close to the skin is divine. However, because it is yellow, it is extremely sheer and so there are probably only a few tops that I can wear it with. Blocking helped with the irregular stitches on the sleeves but did not completely fix it. It's not too noticeable, but makes the sweater look "handmade", I think.

I made up an XS size as the size small was too large for me - mods are listed on ravelry. I also made the back longer so it is less of a shrug and more of a cardigan. I wore it once already, and loved wearing it, however after one wear (full day) the sleeve edges are starting to get stretched out. Hopefully this is a one time shape-to-me thing, and it won't KEEP stretching out or else it will not last for long. Also, I noticed some areas where the thick and thin part of the malabrigo lace is VERY thin. Not sure if this is going to be a problem. I just hope it doesn't unravel. I may go over those sections and reinforce, not sure yet.

All in all I'm very happy with this!

I also completed some quick slippers but they don't stay on my feet, so I'm going to fix them up a bit before saying they are actually complete.

Started my double-v cardigan as well. The hempathy is nice but stiff to knit with so I can't do it for long periods of time. However, you can tell it softens up as you work with it and I've read that with wash and wear it becomes very soft and lovely, so I am looking forward to that!

No comments: