Sunday, May 23, 2010

happy birthday to me!

I haven't posted in a while ... I have been meaning to post and I was going to post when I got my Interweave Knits Summer 2010 issue - that was in April. Guess I'm a little slow. Anyways, I was a little underwhelmed by this issue, but I usually am with summer issues in general. There was only one pattern that I liked, the Impasto Shawlette by Susanna IC:I do like it, and it seems like it would be a quick knit. However, I still have to work on reducing my stash!

My double v cardigan is going well, I've finished the fronts and back, and one sleeve. However, with the nice weather lately I am spending less time indoors knitting. So, it's going well but going slow. I also decided to try and improve the slippers I made for myself a while ago, by adding a crochet trim. That's right, I learned to crochet! Sort of ... I have to say, the improvement didn't really work, but it inspired me to try some other crochet patterns.

Which leads me to my latest knitting purchase:
I can't believe I bought a book on afghans! It takes me years to finish sweaters, what was I thinking??? Well, maybe it's time to branch out. And these afghans are beautiful. It has crochet and knitting patterns, so I might try a crochet one first, to try out my new crochet skills. The one that caught my eye is Medidate by Donna Yacino:Oh yeah, the name of my post is because my birthday was last week. I just had a lovely brunch with some good friends to honour ME!

No comments: