Friday, July 09, 2010

hot hot heat

Well, after two months of wishing for warm weather, it's finally here -- and I'm sooo hot! I would love to have some ice cream and go jump in a pool right now!

Some random updates ... I ran my second 10K race two weeks ago - I did not train for this one, and it was quite a hot day for a run, but I still did pretty well I think. I finished in 1:01, I think. It was not chip timed so I'll never really know. Part of me wants to try a half marathon next, but I think with all the things happening this summer, it may have to wait until next year.

My socks are almost finished, I worked on them on the trip to Vernon, where we spent our Canada day long weekend. Finally, some progress!

Also, my double v cardigan! I finished all the pieces, and decided that I couldn't stand the fact that one front was one stitch off. I think since there is patterning in the fabric it was noticeable to me, and I don't like having errors in my finished project (even though this is not technically and error). So I ripped the front out half way and started again. Finished it pretty quickly, and now all the pieces are blocking, as seen here: I still have to assemble and create the button band, which I know is going to take forever, from my button band experience! But hopefully I can be diligent and get it done before moving on to other projects.

Speaking of other projects, I think I want to start the geodesic cardigan. I'm not feeling the nuppy lace work right now, so another basic project will be good I think. Also, still trying to use up my stash, so I need to pick projects that will work with the yarn I have.

Speaking of stash, I will soon need to buy more as I plan to make a baby blanket for the winter - no, not for me. I'm planning to choose one out of the Afghans book I have and perhaps make it in all white, for a classic look.

Well, off to find some ice cream, and enjoy the sun!

No comments: