Friday, August 20, 2010

FO: double-v cardigan

Well, it took a few months but I finally finished it - my double-v cardigan! It is a pattern found in Interweave Knits Spring 2010, by Melissa Wehrle.I knit it as written, and it turned out perfectly, exactly as expected. The pattern was well written and the lace pattern was easy to memorize. Of course, reading "Do this while doing this and at the same time do that" is always difficult but I'm getting used to it after trying to do less simplistic patterns. The real tricky part was decreasing over rows where the stitch count was inconsistent. You really had to think about how many stitches to decrease, and I ended up re-doing half of one of the fronts because I decreased it a different amount from the other front.
The yarn is Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy - a mix of hemp, cotton and rayon. It is extremely light and in combination with the lace, is a very light and breezy sweater. The yarn is a bit tough in the beginning but softens up nicely with use, and with washing.
All in all, I love it!

No comments: