Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Beautiful Baby Blanket

Well, the baby this blanket is for is 2 months old now ... but better late than never, right? This was my first blanket project ever, and I have to say I quite enjoyed it!
The pattern is Petal, by Norah Gaughan, from Comfort Knitting and Crochet: Afghans.There are 36 squares to knit, with an interesting textured pattern. Each square is edged with a simple crochet border. Then, all squares are crocheted together and a border is crocheted around the entire thing.By the end, I have to say I was tired of knitting little squares, but all in all it was a fun project. It was very transportable, and easy to do in small batches.

The yarn is super yummy - a cotton acrylic blend that you can toss in the washing machine and dryer. It ended up very soft and cuddly. I hope the baby will like it! Would you?

No comments: