Monday, March 12, 2012

bollywood

After working on some disappointing, long running projects, I needed a quick and satisfying knit. So I pulled out a handspun skein of bamboo yarn I bought on a whim a while ago from etsy:It is from Spinning Wheel Studio, and I just fell in love with the colour, which is called "bollywood".

So, after picking this skein out of my stash, I had to decide what to do with it. A one skein purchase of a non-lace yarn is always a bit of a quandary. I decided to try out a cowl, since I've never made one before. I chose the Northumbria Cowl from Knitscene Fall 2010.

This is a simple lace pattern that produces a very lovely textured fabric, which worked well for the complexity of the yarn. Cute!Because it is bamboo, my gauge is a bit off, and there is not as much spring in the fabric. So this cowl is much looser than the pattern suggests. However, I think it still works - probably better with a jacket. Too bad its spring now, no need for a cowl!

No comments: